The power of neutral (and herringbone)

Sunday 27 April 2014

I had THE BEST weekend. It started with a day off on Friday and got better ever since. I’ve spoken about my endless restlessness before but lately it seems to be on speed. I sit down and then get up two seconds later, I start a book and then put it straight down, I start blogging and then taper off. It’s maddening. And then Friday came along and I couldn’t bring myself to get up off the sofa. I l.o.u.n.g.e.d. I worried about nothing and no-one. I just kicked my woolly socked feet in the air and revelled in relaxation. It was delicious. Now that Sunday is here, I feel like a totally new woman. Wrapped in a fluffy pink fug of calm. I’m hoping the mood takes me through the week but to help it along, I’m sticking to all things calm. I found an absolutely stunning neutral London home complete with one of my favourite patterns, herringbone. You couldn’t get any more zen than this place.

Herringbone House courtyard garden by Atelier Chan Chan, London, Mike Tsang Photograph | RemodelistaHerringbone House living room by Atelier Chan Chan, London, Thomas Giddings Photograph | RemodelistaHerrringbone House Kitchen by Atelier Chan Chan, London,  Pearl colored brick, Mike Tsang Photograph | RemodelistaHerringbone House courtyard garden by Atelier Chan Chan, London, Mike Tsang Photograph | RemodelistaHerringbone House living room by Atelier Chan Chan, London, Mike Tsang Photograph | RemodelistaHerringbone House by Atelier Chan Chan, London, Mike Tsang Photograph | RemodelistaHerringbone House bedroom by Atelier Chan Chan, London, Mike Tsang Photograph | RemodelistaHerringbone House Bathroom by Atelier Chan Chan, London, Thomas Giddings Photograph | RemodelistaHerringbone House Bathroom by Atelier Chan Chan, London, Thomas Giddings Photograph | RemodelistaHerringbone House, exterior brick detail  by Atelier Chan Chan, London, Mike Tsang Photograph | Remodelista

Source | Remodelista

10 comments

  1. Great to hear you were able to recharge and enjoy a relaxing weekend. I love the purity and tranquility of the design and materials. I have a crush on those stone wash basins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, what a stunning home. especially the little courtyard. I'm glad you are feeling calm and relaxed. you go girl xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you had such a good weekend! beautiful house - a bit too modern with some touches but love how light-filled it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zen indeed- and the lack of clutter really helps as well. I'm so glad to hear you have (finally!) had a good day- keep having those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like some time off to relax the mind! I find this home interesting, but maybe a little too neutral for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you had some time for yourself - so worth it. And that kitchen. I love this

    ReplyDelete
  7. Herringbone just makes it seem cozy. I love it!

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is amaze balls! The neutral is to die for and I'm swooning over the herringbone. The little outdoor space is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, firstly, good on you. Sounds like you got just the thing you needed and if any good came out of your car crash, it was a jolt to get you to rest. And second, a whole herringbone home? Mind = blown. Those tiles in the, is it the bath? I LOVE them. Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the DREAMIEST bedroom I have ever seen. Not that I have insomnia (knock on wood) but I imagine that bedroom alone could cure any and all types of sleep problems. xo

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!