South Kensington Revisited

Tuesday 6 August 2013

If you have visited London, chances are you have been to South Kensington. Home of the V&A, the Natural History Museum and the Royal Albert Hall, it’s one of my favourite areas. It’s clean, trendy and uber posh. Jordan and I often hop on a bus, and make a beeline to the V&A – this is then closely followed by grabbing a bite to eat and then heading to the side streets for a mosey around poshville, checking out how the other half live. It never fails to deliver fantastic photographs. 

Wishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful Thinking

Wishful ThinkingSONY DSCWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful Thinking

All images via Wishful Thinking

5 comments

  1. When we were in London in June, Kensington was one of our very first stops. It was a great introduction to that lovely city. You're right, such photographic loveliness! I could have wandered around there for days! I think the white building with the black wrought iron was my favorite, although give me time, I could come up with more and more things to love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a trip to London in 2005 (my second, I think?) my friend and I stayed at a hostel on Cromwell Rd, just a stone's throw from the V&A. We were slumming it big time in the hostel (rickity IKEA bunk beds! shared shower!) but the location could not be beat. We were directly across from a Sainsbury's and next door to a Marriott, where we'd go to use their phones, haha. I loved that neighborhood, even though I felt like a total impostor living amongst the rich! Unsurprisingly, the hostel has since closed. It was bright orange in the stairwell, I'll never forget that. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have some really amazing photos here! that last one is really cool and i love the door in the first photo but that one with the white building and the gates, wowzers that place looks amazing and the photo is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again I'm blown away by the architecture. I love the row of white apartments with black wrought iron fences and balconies. And the columns in the last photo are incredible! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get over the detail on these!!! Even the chimney stacks are perfectly detailed and painted. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!