Farewell My Fair London

Friday 30 August 2013

I can hardly believe I am writing this (bleary eyed, tearful… and from the trusty squeaky airbed that sort of deflated in the middle of the night) but it’s my very last day in London. This city has been so many things to me, it knocked the stuffing out of my 18-year-old-attitude-problem-self, it taught me how to use an escalator, how to walk at constant breakneck speed, how to cross the concourse of Victoria station at rush hour. I have seen the world from the city, met some fantastic people, gotten married, passed my driver’s licence (no mean feat in this city), cheered my husband on as he passed his degree and finally, had our Australian dream realised. There is a part of me that will always consider myself a Londoner to the core. This city is incredible and I am certain I will look back at these last 8 years and think, WOW. It’s now time for a new adventure. Sydney, here we come!

I’ll be taking a wee break from blogging while the craziness commences. I am spending a few days in Malaysia to break up the journey and hopefully get some much needed rest (on the luxury of an actual bed) before we head to Sydney next week. So the next time I blog, it will be from my new home. Thanks so much for all your words of encouragement over the past few months, it has continually kept a smile on my face. And I am convinced it is you guys who are responsible for my unusual, but welcome, zen like state.

Wishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful Thinking

15 comments

  1. Oh, to think that we've never managed to have coffee... Yes, London is mad but it really grows on you and will always define at least a small part of who you are... I hope you have a good journey to your new home, get some rest, and I look forward to reading about your new adventures down under. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pip pip cheerio and farewell foggy London town! I know it feels overwhelming and sad to be leaving, but you're not REALLY leaving, just saying see you soon for a while. London is such a part of your history now, it can't ever be separate from you, no matter the distance. Okay, stop me before I launch into Backstreet Boys lyrics! "No matter the distance, I want you to know, that deep down inside of meeeeeeee!"

    See you on the other side of the world, Meghan! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures this morning (or afternoon for you) made me so sad yet so excited for you both. Can't wait to hear from you in Sydney and best of luck my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, this is it. :) My heart stopped for a second and felt different emotions while reading your post. Have a great short break and all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so urber excited for you Meghan, travel safe, get some sleep and I can't wait to hear about your move. Bye bye London, until you meet again. Hello Sydney!!! Woot woot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this collection of photos is just beautiful. you saved the best for last. it's totally okay to be sad because i am sure that sydney sunshine is going to dry up all your tears. beautiful post meghan. have a safe journey and, oh, just a little stop over in malaysia! nice!! can't wait for the next blog post from down under!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures of my to-be new home. Enjoy Malaysia, that was my home before Sydney. You might want to stock up on shoes and cosmetics whilst you're there before you come to Sydney where everything's expensive. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow - good luck! my heart is so full for you - I can't wait to see what your new adventures bring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Been thinking about you all weekend! Safe travels and see you from the other side...really the other side! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'll probably be in Malaysia by now, if not already in Sydney. How exciting!!! :) I wish you all the best on the start of your new adventure, and I can't wait for you to start blogging in your new home. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well you certainly left us with some wonderful photos of London! I hope you are enjoying your relaxing break in Malaysia and wish you luck as you begin your new adventure. Looking forward to your posts from over there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous photos of beautiful London! I hope you are having safe travels wherever you are!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just found your blog through Miss b! Love your photos and really enjoyed your posts! best of luck in your move. I can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fare thee well and see you on the other side of the equator! Have fun in Malaysia and rest up... There are more adventures to be had ahead.
    xxoo
    C + C

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always dream London would be my future place to live. Love your post, it makes me sad. And good luck in your future place.

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!