Wedges

Friday 28 June 2013

I was once told by a girl wearing nine inch high heeled pointy boots that a girl could learn to walk in heels (to help you picture the scene, the girl in question towered above me at nearly 6 feet and called me “Duhling” in a strong Eastern European accent whilst puffing on a cigarette and sneering at my Converse). Now I admit that my footwear has come a long way since then but I have never fully taken to wearing heels. Anything over a certain height and I resemble a baby deer taking its first steps. Wedges, on the other hand, are my best friend. I can strut, stand and on occasion even run in wedges. Today I am sporting my favourite pair of cork wedges that make me feel like a powerful giant. Seriously.

Wishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful Thinking

7 comments

  1. Like you, I've never taken to wearing heels. Give me flats any day! But wedges. Wedges, I can do. They make a girl afraid to wear heels feel super confident! And they're comfy. It's the best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Meghan, weird question but if I have small small feet, is it weird to wear wedges? I haven't bought wedges for that exact reason. Maybe it's all just in my head?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those leopard print bootie wedges are ridiculous, hah. I like wedges, though! I'm with you, heels are just not my thing. Not only are they tough to walk in, they're really, really bad for your body. They do all sorts of things to your back alignment and the bones in your feet. Not cute. I'm a flats girl through and through! Own it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree. heels make me cry. i don't know how celebrities do it and most continue throughout pregnancies which fricken crazy. but wedges yes. i can all the things you say . . . until i step on a pebble and it feels like my ankle is going to break. love the top three. those floral ones are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The second to the last image outfit is so pretty! I stopped wearing heels a long time ago except during special occasions. I have one pair of wedges that I use more than stilettos. I love the extra height it brings whenever I wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love wedges too, and converse sneakers, but I'm also a heels fan. In fact I love most shoes. I do have a couple of pairs of heels that are not the best in situations when you're on your feet for long periods, but they look sensational if you're going out for dinner, or able to sit :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite type of heel, they look great and kick butt with the comfort factor.

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!