Monday Snoop – A hotel with a Tuscan view

Monday 24 June 2013

I’m having mixed feelings about this week (I know it’s only Monday) but this is the week that we make our big announcement at work and give notice on our house. Even though I know there was no going back, this week will make it official. YIKES! I’m pretty excited but also a bit nervous and would like nothing more than to crawl into a fresh bed (made by someone else) and forget about the world for a few days. I came across Hotel Monteverdi in Tuscany, Italy and thought this would be the perfect place for me to escape to! Views that take your breath away, baths that you could soak in for days, original beamed ceilings, wood burning fireplaces and rooms finished in soft soothing linens. It doesn’t get any more perfect. I will just have to resort to closing my eyes and imagining I am there!

Hotel-Monteverdi-by-Ilaria-Miani-Castiglioncello-del-Trinoro-Italy-12Hotel-Monteverdi-by-Ilaria-Miani-Castiglioncello-del-Trinoro-Italy-11Hotel-Monteverdi-by-Ilaria-Miani-Castiglioncello-del-Trinoro-Italy-10Hotel-Monteverdi-by-Ilaria-Miani-Castiglioncello-del-Trinoro-ItalyHotel-Monteverdi-by-Ilaria-Miani-Castiglioncello-del-Trinoro-Italy-02Hotel-Monteverdi-by-Ilaria-Miani-Castiglioncello-del-Trinoro-Italy-03Hotel-Monteverdi-by-Ilaria-Miani-Castiglioncello-del-Trinoro-Italy-06Hotel-Monteverdi-by-Ilaria-Miani-Castiglioncello-del-Trinoro-Italy-05Hotel-Monteverdi-by-Ilaria-Miani-Castiglioncello-del-Trinoro-Italy-07Hotel-Monteverdi-by-Ilaria-Miani-Castiglioncello-del-Trinoro-Italy-08Hotel-Monteverdi-by-Ilaria-Miani-Castiglioncello-del-Trinoro-Italy-09Hotel-Monteverdi-by-Ilaria-Miani-Castiglioncello-del-Trinoro-Italy-13Hotel-Monteverdi-by-Ilaria-Miani-Castiglioncello-del-Trinoro-Italy-14

Images via

9 comments

  1. Ooh, it's beautiful! I want to go there now. The pool and the alfresco dining looks divine. Good luck with your week, I completely understand how you're feeling. There's so much to do and organise before a big move like yours, but great things are still to come :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Restorative' is the first word that comes to mind! No wonder you're yearning for this kind of escape, between the calming neutral colors and that incredible view (you can almost feel the breeze!), this place just shouts 'heavenly.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. How perfect is this place. So charmingly rustic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an interesting and beautiful place. i agree with erin, it feels restorative. all the natural elements: stone, wood, water, calming tones. seems like the right place to stop being at odds with anything and just be. i want to go too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would use a visit there myself. How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am swooning over that pool but those beams and that fireplace along with the soothing warm tones of the walls makes me rethink my favorite kind of interior. This or nantucket style .... I do love the simplicity of this with the added beams ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so relaxing, I could see myself lounging by the pool and soaking up the beautiful view. No wonder you are craving the calming atmosphere when so much is going on around you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The thing I miss most about not living in Europe anymore - besides friends and family that we left behind there - is TUSCANY! This place is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy crap - now that's a tub!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!