Les Jardins de Marqueyssac

Tuesday 4 June 2013

First of all, thanks so much for all your lovely comments yesterday. I was nervous to reveal my plans (not sure why really) but all of your kind words put me at ease and quietened some of my more worried thoughts. I’ll be keeping you posted!

Our trip to France was a little surreal as we received news that our visas were granted 2 days before we left – so we spent most of our holiday in a daze, fretting about all the things that needed to be done at home. But never far from our mind was the thought that this would be one of our last trips to Europe (probably for a few years at least), so we knew we had to make it count. At the very top of my list was the over-hanging Gardens of Marqueyssac. I had seen enchanting pictures of it on many travel blogs and it did not disappoint. Luckily, the sun came out and we left relatively early in the morning to visit (even then, it was still hard to get a shot of the gardens without someone standing in them… and it wasn’t even in season)! The gardens were spectacular and if you are ever in the Dordogne region, I suggest you make them your first stop!

Wishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingSONY DSCWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingSONY DSCWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful Thinking

11 comments

  1. Oh wow! Gorgeous. My husband would lovelovelove this. I'll have to show him your pictures. I'm amazed you could click the shutter on your camera as distracted as you must have been!

    Lauren @ still + life

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks amazing. And I'm sure, given the news you received just before leaving, that it's one you won't soon forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank YOU so much for sharing the pics of Gardens of Marqueyssac ... so breathtaking. I just want to fall asleep in the cloud-like bushes of beauty... though, I am sure the property owners would not be fond finding me zzzzz.

    Ada | www.adasinteriordesign.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. what gorgeous photos. since i read the secret garden as a girl i have been obsessed with gardens such as this. i would love to spend the day there. i love all those shutters too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was one of my highlights visiting that region. Isn't that garden beautiful? Did you trek to the top of the ridge to see the view?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that garden is beautiful! i've not seen anything like it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw a documentary once of the Dordogne Region on TV while we were in Auvergne. I wish we could have driven out there even if it's another 2-3 hours. The landscape is beautiful! The air looks so pure. It's a perfect start to your new chapter. Looking forward to more travel photos from your trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful countryside. The first photos look like they're straight out of a Dr Seuss book. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been to the Dordogne several times but these stunning gardens are new to me. I shall add them to my list for next time! Just seeing those gorgeous shutters immediately makes me miss France particularly the south - west where I lived for a year, an hour north of Bordeaux.

    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been but I will absolutely make it a priority now!! Those gardens! Those rolling countryside hills! Peacocks!! My fiancé hates peacocks, he claims one chased him as a kid. I don't get it, they are the most beautiful things of all time. Your vacation looks so amazing, even if you were stressed the whole time!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!