I can hardly wait… for the ocean!

Thursday 13 June 2013

As the months have turned into weeks and the date of our move looms ever closer, I realise that I have been very focussed on the negative scary things – the stress of packing boxes, sorting possessions, saying goodbye, leaving familiarity. I can’t deny the existence of all these things but at the same time, I can’t let them overpower my excitement. And boy am I excited! There are so many wonderful and new things I am looking forward to, but do you want to know what brings a smile to my face when I wake up in the morning? The fact that I will soon be no more than a short walk/train ride away from the one thing that never fails to centre and sooth me. The ocean.

Wishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful Thinking

12 comments

  1. You are going to love being so close to such incredible beaches. I love these photos. I'm trying to source a high resolution photo of the ocean, so I can do this (http://pinterest.com/pin/154670568425236738/). I know you guys are fab photographers, let me know if you take any, and I'll buy a digital copy off you :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this idea Vic! Perfect opportunity for us to test-drive a new camera! x

      Delete
  2. The ocean truly is magical...healing...inspiring, forgiving, and at times a bully....but.....I cannot imagine living anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what lovely images and i love the quote too. it's totally okay to be scared and excited!! but sometimes focusing on the exciting parts make the scary parts a little less scary ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding pictures, the ocean is where I want to live out my dream and you are so right, today is a good day to start to living my dream or at least work on getting there sooner! Look at this experience as a whole new beginning and start to living your dream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited to hear about your adventures. Just enjoy every second of your transition; packing, leaving your current home etc. I kept a journal when I left Spain (altho' I still have a home there) to capture my feelings, my fears etc because you will forget how much you have really achieved and how far you would have come.It's great to read back a year later also ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I am so excited for you on this next adventure of yours. I'm even going to keep my pathetic fear of sand to myself this time so as not to dampen your excitement! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers to that quote and the beach! I'm so excited for you. Despite all the things you need to do, hope you have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live in Sydney and get a ferry to and from work everyday. It's my favourite part of the day!

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the ocean is going to be GRAND - jealous of your adventure

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!