Charmant Sarlat

Tuesday 25 June 2013

I had great plans for the weekend. They involved leaving the chaos at home and going for a walk round the South Bank, ending with a steak burrito from the Wahaca street cart (a little bundle of pure bliss I tell you). But it rained, and rained, and rained and a walk along the freezing cold and grey Thames in the rain is just not that appealing. So we stayed at home and packed and tried not to break our necks tripping over boxes and cables. I considered taking a picture (and I probably still will) just to show you what I am dealing with but I felt like prettiness today so instead I am going to show you some pictures of Sarlat – the medieval town we stayed outside of on our trip to France. When I close my eyes and think of a French country town, Sarlat immediately comes to mind. The honey coloured buildings form the perfect backdrop for the twice weekly market. Saucisson, fresh fruit and vegetables, wine, fish and foie gras stretches through the winding streets, enticing you every step of the way.

Wishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingDSC01160Wishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful Thinking

8 comments

  1. What a beautiful place that I would love to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always so awed when I see towns like this. People live there! Full time! How magical, to wake up in a little medieval village with winding streets and stone buildings. Swoon. It reminds me of Beauty and the Beast, a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you hate it when you've got it in your head to eat something and you don't get to? Maybe the steak burrito this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh saucisson and foie gras, yum! Medieval towns in the countryside of France are so dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautifully written description! and what a beautiful village. i agree with erin it does have a beauty and the beast feeling to it. (ps it's raining here too)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just loved the market at Sarlat. Just curious, did you ever try the foie gras? I have to admit that I kinda liked it as embarrassing it is to admit but my favorite was the potatoes cooked in duck fat. This all sounds kind of yucky but I found it at the Sarlat market and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so beautiful! This seems like a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous! I love the cobblestone streets and rose covered buildings - so quaint. x

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!