A wedding in Savannah

Wednesday 26 June 2013

As an avid traveller, I am constantly adding new dream destinations to my travel bucket list. Lots of places go on the list but nothing ever, ever comes off. A destination that has long since been on my list is Savannah, Georgia. The architecture, the large swooping trees, the Spanish moss and the general old town feel of it is just begging to be explored… by me! I’ve always thought it would make the perfect backdrop for a wedding and then just this weekend, I found a beautiful wedding that took place against this very scenery. Here’s a little snapshot of Megan and David’s Blue and White Wedding in Savannah. (Personally, I don’t think it gets more romantic than this).

Nina MullinsNina MullinsNina MullinsNina MullinsNina MullinsNina MullinsNina MullinsNina MullinsNina MullinsNina MullinsNina MullinsNina MullinsNina MullinsNina MullinsNina MullinsNina MullinsNina Mullins

Photos credit: Nina Mullins – All images via Snippet and Ink

8 comments

  1. i think you are right. that is so romantic. i love the boutonniere, that is the prettiest little bouquet i ever did see. i have been to savannah a few times and i have to say it's probably my favorite place i have been in the states (besides home of course). it is so perfect. the houses and buildings, the spanish moss, the history. it is draped southern charm in all the best ways. it has a really artistic vibe too, lots of local artisans to get goodies from. i've dreamed of moving there but then i remember what my hair looked like when i visited in the summer (yikes!) i am sure you would love it! you will definitely have to check it off your list someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's beautiful alright. We have an amazing tree-lined street not far from us, very similar to pic 2. We've got photos of Mark there with his mates before our wedding. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The table setting is so lovely and the couple looks so beautiful together. I like her bridal hair as well. Everything about this wedding makes me want to get married again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The burlap runners on the table are just fab, writing that down for my own wedding next year! I love the spanish moss hanging from those trees, that's definitely a true Southern thing for sure. I'm with Christine, though, I can't handle that kind of humidity! It's bad enough in the Northeastern part of the country, but down South? No. Way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh if only I could do it all over again. That tree lined street is gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word, look at that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely. I visited Savannah while in college and it really is romantically charming. I'm always telling be husband we should go back together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The most romantic wedding pics ever!
    And I'm telling you... I'm Italian, I'm suppoused to know something about romantic weddings...

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!