A well frequented aisle at the supermarket…

Wednesday 17 April 2013

When I go to the supermarket with intent (i.e. with a list, trolley at the ready, no browsing or hesitating) I always turn right after entering and go straight to the food. For those more relaxed days, I like to do a bit of browsing – usually turning left and heading to the homeware and ‘seasonal’ aisles. I have been turning left a lot lately. I don’t know if Sainsburys has new buyers but they have some really great homeware goodies, at even more fantastic prices. Check out my favourites…

Sainsburys copy

heart wooden box; large heart bottle; polka dot jug; large net bottle; pillow; blue striped pillow; acacia heart bowl; wicker baskets; compost tin

7 comments

  1. Not bad I have to admit. I do occasionally look in their cooking aisle (you know, the one with the pots and pans etc.) but rarely look at the homewares - maybe I should! Thanks for the tip ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the net bottle a lot! I have to say, I'm quite impressed with B&Q's new homewares as well, they have some great stuff and whenever I'm in there to pick up normal DIY stuff, I always browse the homewares section :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to Sainsbury but if they sell things like you show in your collage I would be bringing homeware items that were not on my shopping list home a lot of times. The new bottle and the striped pillow really tickle my fancy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait wait wait, Sainsbury's has homegoods?? That's exciting! I had no idea. On one of my trips to England we stayed right across the street from a Sainsburys on Cromwell Road, and we'd pop in for late night snacks and such, but either I was blind or back in 2005 they didn't have such awesome homewear items! Love those heart bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could find these lovely pieces in the supermarkets here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have a much flasher supermarket than me! It's probably a good thing that there are no gorgeous homewares tempting me - i would spend all our money there, and we'd be eating baked beans for dinner :)

    Love that heart bowl x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all lovely. I need to go and investigate! I have in the past bought a few bits and pieces from Sainsbury's - little votives for in the garden etc. Everything always seems very reasonably priced too.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!