Annabel’s House…

Monday 30 July 2012

You’ve probably guessed that I am going through a bit of an obsession with all things pure and white at the moment. I’ve been dreaming of crisp white linen, painted distressed white floorboards and fluffy white peonies the size of my head. I’m sure there is probably some sort of psychological explanation but my guess is that it has to do a lot with the grey and rainy weather that reared it’s ugly head over the weekend (yes, I know I spoke too soon on Friday)! I was indulging this obsession over the weekend when I came across a house (incidentally in the same neighbourhood as mine) that melted my heart into a big sloppy puddle. Not only does it have the white painted floors I covet so much, but it has white-painted panelled walls and ceilings! Instead of looking stark and cold, the house looks really warm and inviting! Old Victorian houses tend to be quite dark but the owners have combatted this by installing larger windows, skylights and by using half-glazed partitions instead of walls. Even the garage is beautiful!

What do you think? Any favourite features?

Untitled-1Untitled-2Untitled-3Untitled-4Untitled-5Untitled-6Untitled-7Untitled-8Untitled-9Untitled-10Untitled-11Untitled-12Untitled-13Untitled-14Untitled-15Untitled-16Untitled-17Untitled-18Untitled-19

Images via

9 comments

  1. I'm absolutely in love with these images! I'm really into the all white look, as well. (as long as it's still warm and inviting.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the kitchen and the closet are pretty divine. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a huge kitchen! I do need a bigger kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems to be a very big home. Every room lovelier than the last. And how cool that it's in your neighborhood where you can stalk...I mean, admire it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a lot of interesting elements - I love the open shelving and that magnificent island with all that storage in the kitchen. Great tall ceilings, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must be really sensitive right now because I want to cry this house is so beautiful. Tears are streaming right now ...... no seriously ;-0 BTW, London is looking absolutely spectacular, I do hope that the traffic isn't too bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think you can ever go wrong with white. The images are gorgeous; very Hamptons beach house ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! The skylights, windows, and light colours work wonders. I love the window that looks from the bathroom through to the bedroom - another way to get light in. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this one is a definite LOVE. Are you going to walk by it and try to peek inside?

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!