A taste of Devon…

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Last week, we packed Delilah early in the morning and set off for another weekend staycation to the coastal county of Devon. One thing I have learnt about living in England is that you can never rely on the weather but from the moment we hit the road, we were blessed with blue skies and believe it or not… heat! In March! With the sunroof down, the music blaring and the green countryside rolling past us, we made short work of the 6 hour drive. I finally managed to convince Jordan to stop off at Stonehenge on the way (he didn’t think the trip was worth… and I am quoting here: “a pile of rocks”), but even he was awed by the sheer size and wonder of them. I found I got a little ‘camera happy’ this trip, so I might show you a little more of the English countryside next week. 

DSC01101DSC01118SONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCDSC01249DSC01257SONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCDSC01291DSC01298DSC01294DSC01276DSC01296DSC01314DSC01316DSC01319DSC01334DSC01338DSC01339DSC01365DSC01375

All images via Wishful Thinking

7 comments

  1. a roadtrip in the english countryside - that just sounds like the coolest thing to me. really love your pictures - it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making great use of your new camera, Meghan. Lovely pics!
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are beautiful! England is one of our "must" vacation destinations.

    Thanks fro stopping by my blog Meghan! I appreciate your comments.

    Charmaine
    mybestfriendcraig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these photos are just stunning! And that's the most amazing "pile of rocks" I've ever seen, haha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow these are just beautiful. I totally want to stay there too...looks so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meghan, what incredible pictures! Makes me want to visit also :)

    www.bungalow1a.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you were able to convince Jordan to go -- looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!